Skip to main content
Wikispaces Classroom is now free, social, and easier than ever.
Try it today.
Pages and Files
Cultural & Social Factors
Health, fitness and a healthy active lifestyle
The demands of performance
The roles of the active participant
Add "All Pages"
Key influences, including cultural factors, that impact on individuals’ sustained involvement in physical activity.
Impact of the PESSCL strategy.docx
pessyp & healthy schools.pptx
, as in games activities
accurate replication of actions, phrases and sequences,
as in gymnastic activities
xploring and communicating ideas, concepts and emotions,
performing at maximum levels in relation to speed, height, distance, -
strength or accuracy,
as in athletic activities
identifying and solving problems to overcome challenges
of an adventurous nature
, as in life saving and personal survival in swimming and outdoor activities
exercising safely and effectively to improve health and wellbeing
, as in
fitness and health activities.
SCHOOL AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION students.pptx
• Physical Activity Policy
• Structured two hours physical activity
• The range of extra-curricular activities
Extra-curricular opportunities and provision
Attitudes of staff (both positive and negative) and experience of staff influencing the range and type of provision made
• The extent and quality of facilities available – challenges where facilities are limited and the range of opportunities for well-resourced schools
• Outside visits to other sporting providers, specialist facilities and specific activity providers (such as ice rinks, ten pin bowling or dry ski slopes)
• Links to local sports clubs/providers for a range of activities and different types of provision such as health clubs, golf clubs etc.
• Providing a range of extra-curricular activities/representative teams, clubs and societies which can extend beyond the traditional sporting models to include other leisure and recreational opportunities.
Emotional health and wellbeing
• Vulnerable individuals and groups
• Bullying policies
• Behaviour and rewards policies
• Confidential pastoral support systems.
School Sport Milestone July 2010 CK.docx
School Sport Milestone Markscheme AGI.docx
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"